October 12, 2015
Choosing the Right Home Improvement Service for Your Project
Regardless of the size of your remodeling project, you will need an experienced and devoted contractor to handle it with professionally and impeccably. This is why you cannot choose just any home improvement service in your area but carefully look out for its characteristics. How you should chose the best remodeler?
- Get recommendations. Start with your friend and acquaintances for a list with good bids in this industry. Ask everyone you know about good and qualified specialists to tackle your job. Ask what impression they have made and if they were happy with the final results. Additionally, you may search on the Internet for reliable companies that design and build that kind of work needed for your project. For instance, if you need a kitchen freshening up, look for a company that specializes in this type of project and check for ”before and after” photos on their websites.
- Make phone calls. After having a few good referrals, it is time to make phone interviews. The important questions you have to ask are: “Do you have a legitimate license, bond, and insurance?”, “Have you done projects like mine before?”, “Are your employees well-trained?”, “How long have you been in this business?” Your main goal is to find out if this company is reliable and capable to make your ideas happen.
- Plan face-to-face meetings. Based on the phone interviews, pick two or three bids and meet contractors face-to-face. As people say, you can make a first impression only once. Pay very serious attention to the manners and attitude of the supervisors. They mean a lot. They must be patient to answer all your questions and give you straightforward answers. Nice and polite, they must show respect. On the other hand, do not let personality fool you. Ask contractors to show you all the relevant certifications, licenses, and permits.
- Check references. Ask to see layouts and pictures of some of their projects. Ask supervisors to explain to you the entire working process in details. Ask if they perform their tasks on time and within your set budget. Check if they can provide you with a list of happy customers. Ask about their fees.
- Decision time! Now, after you have made up your mind, it is time to get everything in writing and sign a clear written contract. It should include information like payment schedule, a start date and an approximate completion date, as well as special materials and products needed.
Looking for a dependable and timely home improvement service in Conyers, GA? Stop looking as Dream Castle Home Improvements is at your disposal. Call us now.